Referred Journal Articles (ORCID)
- Eunyoung Ha and Dong Wook Lee. 2021. “Partisanship, Fiscal Transfers, and Social Spending in Korea: The Politics of Partial Decentralization.” Forthcoming at Journal of East Asian Studies [Article][Online Appendix][Replication Dataverse]
- Lee, Dong Wook and Melissa Rogers. 2019. “Measuring Geographic Distribution for Political Research.” Political Analysis. 27(3): 263-280. [Article] [Replication Dataverse].
- Lee, Dong Wook, and Melissa Rogers, 2019. “Interregional Inequality and the Dynamics of Government Spending.” Journal of Politics. 81(2): 487-504. [Article][Replication Dataverse]
- Ha, Eunyoung, Dong-wook Lee, and Puspa Amri, 2014. “Trade and Welfare Compensation: The Missing Links.” International Interactions. 40: 631-656. [Article] [Replication Dataverse]
- Dar, Luciana, and Dong-wook Lee, 2014. “Partisanship, Political Polarization, and State Higher Education Budget Outcomes.” Journal of Higher Education 85(4):469-498. [Article]
Revise and Resubmit
- “The Modifiable Areal Unit Problem in Political Science” (with Melissa Rogers and Hillel Soifer), American Political Science Review
- “Vote your Region or your Income? Decomposing Variance in Redistributive Voting” (with Melissa Rogers).
- “Exceptional Politics: Why Regimes Declare States of Emergency” (with Jose Aleman and Dwayne Woods).
Works in Progress:
Journal Articles in Draft Revision
- “Left Government and Currency Crisis in Emerging Markets” (with Eunyoung Ha).
- “Linking Sectoral Wage Inequality and Media Environment to Attitudes Toward Latinos” (with Raul Madrid and Lisa Pringle).
- “Covid YouTube Videos, Source, and Audiance Engagement in South Korea (with Matthew Jenkins).
- “Equity and Equality? Evidence from the Geographic Dispersion of COVID-19 Testing Sites in Long Island” (with Susan Kilgore)
- “Conflict Models for Intra/Inter-party Politics” (with Melissa Rogers)
Contractual Research (based on the National Institute of Aging Subaward Agreement)
- Project title: Alzheimer’s-focused Administrative Supplement for the Network on Life Course Health Dynamics and Disparities in 21st Century America
- Subtitle: Fitting the Geographic Distribution of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia (ADRD) to Political Divisions for Health Policy Effectiveness: A Modifiable Areal Unit Problem Approach.
- Project period: April 15, 2021, to June 30, 2022
Book Manuscript in Progress
- Political Geography of Inequality and National Policy Bargaining